Friday, February 08, 2008

Bad Bad Blogger!

OK so yes, I am a bad blogger! I just can never think of anything exciting to share! Well I have exciting things to share now!

As of last month I am now a Co-Owner of The Scrapping Garden and I am so excited about it!! I love this site so much, and it is truly an honor to be asked. I can't wait for all the new and exciting things that TSG has in store for it's members!

Also, Ragan has been cancer free (sort of lol) for over ONE YEAR!! I say sort of because she still has tumor in her lower spine but it is encased in scar tissue and not currently growing. As long as it isn't growing they consider her to be in remission.

She has been swiched to every 4 month checkups and no more MRI's and CT's. She has been having some residual effects from the chemo, but at this point we can deal with a few potty accidents as long as we don't have to go through that whole ordeal again! She had a checkup on Tuesday and they did a few extra tests to check to make sure that her kidney function is good and we're waiting on the results, but we did get back her AFP (AFP is the chemical that tumors secrete) results. It is a little elevated from her last checkup, but still in the normal range. Her last checkup it was 2.3, this time it was 4.8 and under 6 is normal. If it goes over 6 we have to start chemo again, and possibly go through with the Bone Marrow Transplant that they were going to do before. We go back in June to have it checked again.

My mom is here visiting this week and the kids have loved having her around. She and my sister watched the kids last night so that Joe & I could go out for his birthday dinner. We went to a neat little fondue restaurant called the Melting Pot. It was a little pricey, but it was a fun experience and I'm glad we spent the money to do it.

Ok, so I promise I will try to stay more on top of this blogging thing! The key word is try :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged & you better repost chickadee!